Google reader has disappeared! So if you want to follow me come join me on Blog Lovin' (looks to be the nail bloggers method of choice).

Friday 29 March 2013

China Glaze: Avant Garden

Needed to get a couple from the new Avant Garden collection from China Glaze as they are so very stunning.  I bought Life is Rosy (a deep rose crème) and Fancy Pants (a deep blue with pink and gold shimmery bits). 

First up I tried Life is Rosy.  The coverage is really very good.  It goes on well in one coat and doesn't need a second unless (like me) you feel naked without one. I love the colour, I really do but something just doesn't work with my skin tone, I think.  So I slapped on Disco Gold from Rimmel from their Rock your Colour line. Still not sure about Life is Rosy which is disappointing because it really is a pretty pink.  I'm going to keep persevering with it in nail art, though to see if just being a highlight colour works.

Anyway, the proof of the pudding and all that:


and in slightly better light:


What do you think? Yay or nay?

Thanks for stopping by.

N

Up next: A manicure inspired by A Song of Ice and Fire in honour of the premier of the third season on Sky on 1st April.

No comments:

Post a Comment